Caramel jelly, jell-o, or gelatin?
Not even we know what to call this dessert. But it doesn’t matter! All we know is that it will make you fall back in love with gelatin. All you need is three ingredients + water. And the best part is, you can make it days in advance!
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 tsp. of butter
- 3 cups of water
- 1 oz. of unflavored gelatin
- 14 oz. (1 can) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of Josefa
- Grease your mold with butter (preferably a doughnut-shaped mold).
- In a bowl, add gelatin to 1 cup of cold water. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then mix until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a saucepan, heat the sweetened condensed milk and the rest of the water (2 cups) until warm. Don’t let it boil.
- Whisk in the Josefa until smooth and evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the gelatin mixture to the cajeta mixture, turn off the heat, and mix until incorporated.
- Once it is slightly cool, pour the mixture into the mold.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, dip the mold in warm water for 5 seconds to loosen and then flip on the serving plate.
- Optional – serve with strawberries.